The next issue of Wild is due out early in September. We take a peek between the covers. Where to go and what to do? If you are yearning for the outdoors, just look where our talented writers and photographers have been.
Karoo National Park: Much more than a stopover, it is the heart of our heartland. We travel to its furthest reaches.
Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary, Swaziland: Adventure, adrenalin, ambiance, affordability – Mlilwane gets straight A’s as an action-packed playground.
Serene escapes: Need to recharge your batteries? Look no further than one of these five havens of calm.
Forest fix: Only a handful or indigenous forests remain in South Africa, and most of them are situated on Wild Card properties.
Kgalagadi lions: Lions in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park are facing a potential population crash. A husband and wife team of researchers is spending two years with these famous predators to figure out what’s going on.
- Spell-binding photos of newborns.
- Rain clouds – don’t pack away your camera. Tips to make the most of wet conditions.
Plus Bumper Birding
- Finfoot Trail: To spot a finfoot is a birding dream for many. Imagine seeing them close to city comforts.
- Follow the leader: Large birds often fly in specific formations. How do they avoid collision?
- Name changes: Who gets to make the decisions?
- The sound of spring: The voices of cuckoos are a sure sign that winter is over.