Children of all ages, this issue is for you! Family escapes that max out on fun – this was our motto for the spring issue of Wild. Our roundup of exceptional destinations for you and the kids celebrates the wonders of nature, to coincide with new life everywhere in September.
- A family escape to Anysberg is a chance to reconnect with nature and each other.
- A sleepover at Fountain Shack, the fisherman’s cottage on Robberg Peninsula’s wild and windy side, is heaven for young and old.
- Waves, blowholes, beaches and mountain fynbos – the Whale Trail has it all, plus it’s kind on a hiker’s back.
Our pick of parks where kids can learn about nature and culture while having a good time.
- There’s challenge aplenty when you hike the lower slopes of Rhebokkop in Golden Gate National Park. Your reward is to overnight in the Rhebok hut, nestled in a valley beside a mountain stream.
- Explore Kruger on 4×4 trails from Pretoriuskop and Satara. It’s far from the madding crowds.
- Notoriously aggressive, cunning and secretive, they are apex predators in some arid areas. Our featured species is a born survivor.
- A burst of bright butterflies will reward visitors to the Karoo or Namaqua National Parks in spring.
- Billiant aerodynamic design gets and keeps birds airborne.
- Extraordinary hyaena and meerkat behaviour.
Two striking portfolios, including perfect photos of landscapes.