School holidays, out-of-season vacations, short breaks, long weekends – we’ve got plans for all your downtime this year. To visit our amazing parks and reserves, get your Wild Card today!
Join us on our journey through a select lineup of Wild Card parks and reserves. To discover the best of it, just follow our tracks.
Wild goes on a road trip through the thirstland of the Karoo, which covers two-thirds of South Africa and is the country’s defining landscape. Within a distance of 1,000km, you can see the best of the Karoo National Park, Camdeboo National Park, Mountain Zebra National Park and Anysberg Nature Reserve.
Garden Route National Park
In the ancient Diepwalle forest, we pitch our tent on the camping decks amongst yellowwoods, Cape pear and alders. Along the rugged coast, we explore Harkerville, renowned for its hikes and mountain biking trails, and work up a sweat on the Kranshoek coastal hike, one of the area’s star attractions. At our next home base – a log cabin at Storms River Rest Camp, overlooking the sea – it’s a toss up between restful contemplation and pulse-racing activity.
Kruger’s Top 10 Hikes
What makes Kruger’s well-trained trail guides so special? With more and more Kruger visitors lacing up their hiking boots, trail guides are rising to a bigger challenge – to convey not only their vast guiding expertise, but inspire a profound understanding of the wilderness. Wild hikes with the best and attends the annual Kruger Park Backpack
Trail guides workshop
- New 4×4 trail at Tankwa Karoo National Park
- Soul-expanding space, soothing silence, and now a newly launched 4×4 route to add a little adrenaline to the mix. We go where eagles dare on the Watervlei 4×4 route and the shorter Leeuberg Eco 4×4 route.
It’s raining flowers at Mapungubwe National Park: After the first summer showers, the usually dry bushveld is infused with colour. We find about 70 different species on a day trip.
More great reads
- Notuli Game Park at Msinsi Albert Falls Resource Reserve: be prepared for the unexpected.
- Zululand’s Umlalazi and Amatigulu are pocket rocket nature reserves. Both offer plenty of family activities, plus concentrated birding.
- Photo portfolio: How animals use their whiskers.
- Big Five: Campsites where you can feel closer to nature, not your neighbours.