How many national parks and nature reserves will you visit with your Wild Card in 365 days? Show us all the protected areas you visit and you could win free Wild Card renewal, plus a five-day holiday for four people in the park of your choice. Enter The Wild Parks Challenge now.
We challenge you to see how many parks and reserves you can visit with your Wild Card in the course of one year. Every three months, free membership renewal is up for grabs. At the end of the year, there is a fantastic grand prize for the greatest number of parks visited (not total number of visits).
To take part, send us pictures of your park visits. The year of The Wild Parks Challenge is divided into four parts and, every quarter, the member who visited the most parks and reserves in that period wins. After 365 days, the member with the highest number of parks visited receives the grand prize – a five-day stay at the Wild Card partner park of your choice for four guests.
See how many parks and reserves you can tick off in one year!
How to enter
Send your pictures along with the date of each visit to [email protected] (subject line: The Wild Parks Challenge).
Quarter 1: Park visits between 1 November 2018 and 31 January 2019
Closing date for submissions: 1 February 2019 @ 12:00
Quarter 2: Park visits between 1 February 2019 and 30 April 2019
Closing date for submissions: 1 May 2019 @ 12:00
Quarter 3: Park visits between 1 May 2019 and 31 July 2019
Closing date for submissions: 1 August 2019 @ 12:00
Quarter 4: Park visits between 1 August 2019 and 31 October 2019
Closing date for submissions: 1 November 2019 @ 12:00
Terms & conditions
- The competition runs from 1 November 2018 to 31 October 2019. Only park/reserve/resort visits undertaken in this period will be considered.
- The competition is for the number of parks visited, not total number of visits.
- Only valid Wild Card members can participate in the competition. Participants must include their Wild Card number when entering the competition.
- The entry must be accompanied by a list of parks and the date of each visit.
- Participants must submit evidence of each visit to a Wild destination. This can be done by way of the entry permit number and a photograph. The photograph should depict the main member and/or partner/children at a recognisable spot in the park/reserve/resort.
- Each park/reserve/resort will be counted only once in the specified competition cycle.
- Both day visits and overnight stays count.
- If a member wins renewal for a specific quarter, they will not be considered for remaining quarters. However, their visits will still count towards the overall prize.
For a full list of parks that will be counted, see the map page in Wild magazine or download the Wild Card map.
Can you beat 11 parks in 11 months? Read about one couple’s exciting year with their Wild Card, and a young family’s 10 days of non-stop fun in five parks in the spring 2018 issue of Wild.
Visit parks in the spotlight and win
Wild Card members who visit one of our parks in the spotlight stand to win even more. Every entry that includes one of these parks will be entered into the quarterly lucky draw.
Parks in the spotlight: Agulhas, Golden Gate, Marakele, Mapungubwe, West Coast
Quarter 1 prize: A khaki duffel bag, perfect for your next wild adventure.