Located in the dry northwestern part of South Africa, Namaqua transforms into Nature’s most eye-catching wildflower garden in spring. The abundant blooms are only matched by the myriad stars in the sky. The park lies within the world’s only arid biodiversity hotspot and is home to curious succulents and impressive quiver trees.
We’re at Delwerskamp along the 50-kilometre stretch of Groen-Spoeg coastline. The sea feels close, almost as if I am able to stretch out my hand and touch the water.
– Kate Collins, Wild 25
- Succulents and flowers among the arid landscape
- Circular drive and viewpoints
- Caracal 4×4 eco route
- Exclusive Namaqua Flowers Beach Camp
- Short nature trails
- Self-drive routes
Top sightings: Quiver trees, carpets of wildflowers in spring, Cape tortoise
Accommodation: Chalets, camping
Gate times: 08:00 – 17:00 daily
Wild Card: Not available for purchase/renewal at the park. Free entry to valid members.
Know before you go
- No shop or restaurant – take own supplies including firewood.
- Closest fuel stations and ATMs are in the nearby town of Springbok (70km away).
- Nearest centre: 25 minutes from Kamieskroon (25km), about 5 hours north of Cape Town (495km).
Contact park: +27 (0)27 672 1948
SANParks Central Reservations: +27 (0)12 428 9111, [email protected]
Visit Namaqua National Park’s home page.