Cape Town Wild CardTo find your FAQ, click on the categories to the left or below.
Cant find what you're looking for? Click here to contact us.
What is Cape Town's Wild Card?
Table Mountain National Park (TMNP) has its own My Green Card, which is available only to Cape Town residents and has replaced the Cape Town Wild Card. My Green Card operates separately from the Wild Card and has its own rules and requirements. More information can be obtained from the SANParks website or by contacting email@example.com or 021-712-7471.
Does my Wild Card include a permit for activities in the Table Mountain National Park?
No, permits for specific activities are not included when purchasing a Wild Card or My Green Card and must be purchased separately. The following recreational activity permit/s are required if visitors undertake these activities in Table Mountain National Park:
• Level 1 – dog walking
• Level 2 – climbing, paragliding, hand gliding
• Level 3 – horse-riding, mountain biking, line fishing
• Level 4 – rock lobster collection
To find out more about the My Green Card or My Activity Permit please click here.
Please note: The purchase and use of the activity permits and discounted limited entry cards are subject to laws, regulations, rules and policies applicable to SANParks and may change from time to time. Entry times at the pay points listed below are applicable to all permit and cardholders. Valid line fish and MCM permits are required when purchasing Level 3 line fishing and level 4 activity permits respectively (for use in Cape of Good Hope).
Where can I buy an activity permit for Table Mountain National Park?
The My Green Card and My Activity Permit are not available at the Cape Point entrance but can be purchased from the following locations:
- Tokai Tourism Office, Tokai Road, Tokai. Tel: 021 712 7471 (Mondays – Fridays 08h00 – 16h00; closed between 12h30 and 13h00)
- Buffelsfontein Visitor Centre, Cape of Good Hope Section of the Table Mountain National Park (Mondays to Sundays from 08h00-16h00). All entrance and conservation fees apply and no refunds in this regard are available when purchasing Wild Cards, activity permits and discounted entry cards.
- Selected Cape Town Tourism Visitor Information Centres. Visit http://www.sanparks.org/parks/table_mountain/tourism/access-cards-permits.php for a complete list of sales outlets.