Photo competition for kids and teens
Calling all junior photographers! We're looking for your best pictures of wild animals and the bush. There are prizes to the value of R10 000 to be won and cellphone pics are welcome.
Spend this winter snapping wildlife and you could win a fabulous prize from Hi-Tec or Struik Nature. There are two categories you can enter in: Primary School or High School. Grab your camera or cellphone and start photographing!
Primary School: My favourite animal
High School: Bush moments
HOW TO ENTER
Send your photo(s) to email@example.com (subject line: Wild Primary School or Wild High School).
Your entry must include the following information:
- Your name and contact number
- Name of the picture
- Your postal address
- Name of your school
1st place: Hi-Tec hiking boots for kids, Hi-Tec Amazon bag, book hamper from Struik Nature with Newman’s Birds by Colour, Starwise and Okavango. Prize valued at R1 500.
2nd place: Hi-Tec hiking boots for kids and a copy of Larger Illustrated Guide to Wildlife. Prize valued at R750.
3rd place: Hi-Tec hiking boots for kids. Prize valued at R500.
4th to 8th place: Five runners-up will each win a copy of Get Bushwise: On Safari, valued at R200.
1st place: Hi-Tec apparel to the value of R2 500
2nd place: Hi-Tec apparel to the value of R1 500
3rd place: Hi-Tec apparel to the value of R1 000
4th to 8th place: Five runners-up will each win a hamper of compact field guides, valued at R250. The hamper consists of First Field Guide Animal Tracks, Common Birds, Mammals, Snakes & Reptiles and Sharks, Whales & Dolphins.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is open to school-going children up to and including the age of 18. Children must enter in one of two categories: Primary School or High School. The competition is not open to children of employees of the Wild Card and its publishing company.
2. Only residents of South Africa may enter.
3. All photos must be taken in South Africa. Don’t do anything that may injure or upset an animal, or harm the environment when taking your photograph.
4. Photographs must be in digital format; scans of film entries are acceptable. Photos taken on cellphones also qualify. You may enter as many images as you want.
5. The photograph must not have won a prize in any other competition or have been previously published.
6. By entering you give us permission to publish your picture in print or online.
7. Competition closes 31 July 2012.
Posted on: November 21, 2012, 7:24 AM
Posted on: November 22, 2012, 5:19 AM
Posted on: December 17, 2012, 8:23 AM
Posted on: January 25, 2013, 2:20 PM
Posted on: April 9, 2013, 10:38 AM
Posted on: April 17, 2013, 5:56 AM